Thursday, April 12, 2012

Everything Changes......

Well it is official, my sister Julie has left the full-time job of "gathering " to take a cushy position at a local insurance office. Yes, I miss her. But as they say, the show must go on.  Julie will still be making her great , highly scented candles and her fabulous jewelry to send with us to the shows. When I say us , I'm referring to my side-kick and husband of 28 years, Tim.  If you have ever been to any of our shows, you have probably seen him.  He always helps with set-up and everything else we needed.  Tim also does a lot of the repurposing, painting .etc.  He has even started going to the auctions with me.  Tim and I did our first "craft show" about 30 years ago, before we were married.  We have been doing this on and off for a long time.  It's how we funded our son's adoption 22 years ago. Yes, junk and repurposing can make a lot of wonderful things possible. Who knew!! 




Well we have been working like crazy to get ready for the Country Living Fair in Austin ,Tx April 27, 28 and 29 .  Then it's on to Springfield, Ohio for the Vintage Marketplace May 18, 19, and 20.  I will leave you with a couple of pics of some of the things we have been working on. 
Until next time,
Shannon

2 comments: